If you immigrated to the United States through no fault of your own, we are committed to assisting you through an administrative process that allows some non-citizens who entered the country as children to come out of the shadows without fear of deportation.

Individuals who came to the United States as children and meet other key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) for a period of two years, (subject to renewal) and may be eligible for employment authorization.

You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:

  • Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS
  • Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
  • Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals public safety

Consider your situation carefully before submitting an application. Certain immigrants should not apply for DACA because there is a greater risk that their cases may be referred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for deportation.

As immigration attorneys practicing in New York and Poughkeepsie, we can evaluate your situation to determine if deferred action is right for you. If so, we can help you understand the process, gather and complete the necessary paperwork and get your application processed in a timely manner. Please call our office at (718) 324-0404 or (845) 849-9201, use the form at the right, or email us at for assistance.