Elder Law Attorney In NYC
The Law Offices of Diron Rutty Offers Expert Representation For The Needs Of The Eldery
EMPOWER YOUR FUTURE
We all grow older. It is essential that we take care of all of our legal needs as the years pass on by. The Law Offices of Diron Rutty is here to assist you with all of your elder law needs, be it for you or for your loved ones. We want to help ensure that your elder law needs are approached with dignity and respect. We can assist with estate planning, health care decisions, protecting your assets, and so much more.
There are many reasons for elder law, including:
- Assistance with health care
- Estate planning
- Protecting assets
- Qualifying for government benefits
- Planning for the needs of aging parents or other family members
- Planning for guardianship
- Addressing elder abuse or age discrimination
- Developing a plan for future needs while you or your family member still has the capacity to do so
Assisting the Elderly with Their Healthcare Decisions
Access to good medical care is essential to your health and quality of life. We will assist you in managing your way through the red tape of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance companies so you receive the medical treatments, diagnostic tests and medications you require. We can help you plan your future medical care and make crucial legal end-of-life decisions. We can also draft legally valid medical documents that ensure your intentions are honored if you become unable to make those decisions for yourself.
Assisting the Elderly with Estate Planning
We can advise you on the most successful ways to achieve your estate planning goals. Through meticulous analysis, we will guide you on how best to transfer your assets, minimize estate taxes, establish guardianship for minor children, and support personal charitable causes. With your input, we will draft a will that reflects your desires and establish living trusts and other legal entities beneficial to your estate.
PROTECT YOUR ASSETS, QUALIFY FOR BENEFITS AND COVER EXPENSES
By utilizing asset protection techniques, we will help you to qualify for New York State Medicaid for both home based services and nursing home care without depleting your hard earned resources. Our law offices will help you protect your assets in order to qualify for maximum benefits and cover essential medical costs and living expenses. Our goal in planning for the elderly is to assist you and/or a loved one so that you or they:
- Qualify for Medicaid and/or other government benefits — preferably before the need arises
- Use the various estate planning tools to shelter and transfer assets (including your primary residence)
- Are prepared to handle and face the cost of nursing home care, assisted living and any other services with which you may be confronted
- Face immediate needs, with the necessary plans
- Develop a plan to care for aging parents or relatives with dementia or other health problems
- Address guardianship issues when you or a loved one can no longer care for themselves
- Prepare to address future needs while the individual still has the ability
Medicaid planning involves knowing how to assess, implement a plan and place the correct assets in the right place. The sooner you start planning, the better your chances of securing your goal and enjoying security in your senior years.
Maintain financial independence with guidance from knowledgeable elder law attorneys
Retirement gives you the opportunity to enjoy family and hobbies, but if it is not well-planned, living on a fixed income can create financial stress. Attorneys at Diron Rutty, LLC can help you organize your affairs and plan for your retirement.
Our New York City and Poughkeepsie staff are available to assist you. Contact us at 718-324-0404 in New York City, 845-849-9201 in Poughkeepsie, NY, use the form below, or email us at info@DironRuttyLLC.com.